For most of us, healing from an illness or injury is a natural process. Following our medical treatment, our damaged tissue steadily regenerates. But imagine you have a wound that won’t heal, even after weeks or months. That can be frightening – and dangerous.
Wounds that resist healing can lead to serious complications including infections, hospitalization or even amputation. Such complications can keep you from doing the things you love to do.
Boulder Community Hospital offers a patient-focused, evidence-based and outcome-driven program designed to get your wound healed as quickly as possible so you can get your life back.
Individualized Comprehensive Treatment
Our multi-disciplinary team of experts includes:
- nationally certified wound care nurses
- infectious disease physician
- general/vascular surgeon
We provide each patient with an individualized treatment plan. Our comprehensive services include:
- Debridement -- a minor procedure that removes dead tissue, preventing infection and helping healthy tissue regenerate
- MIST Therapy – a painless, low-frequency ultrasound treatment that accelerates healing by stimulating cell growth
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy -- promotes healing by increasing blood flow to the wound area
- Synthetic Tissue Grafts -- support tissue regeneration by helping to restore blood flow to the wound area
- Compression Therapy -- decreases swelling and promotes the growth of healthy tissue
Treating a Wide Range of Wounds
The types of wounds treated at the BCH Wound Healing Center include:
Insurance and Payment Options
We accept most major insurance plans, including Medicare. Payment can be made with cash, checks, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
If you have a wound that has not begun to heal in two weeks, call the Wound Healing Center and let the healing begin. We’re located at 1136 Alpine Ave., Suite 225, across the street from Boulder Community Hospital.
If you have questions or need an appointment, call 303-938-5401 or email WoundCareClinic@bch.org.