Our Imaging Department staff take pride in delivering care professionally and efficiently. They extend personal support to their patients and ensure that test results are provided to physicians in a timely manner.
The Imaging Department is one of Boulder Community's largest and most rapidly expanding clinical areas. We have 12 board-certified radiologists and 95 technologists on staff who perform more than 200,000 procedures a year.
Our radiologists use cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat medical problems. Boulder Community Hospital is the only hospital in Boulder County to offer Digital Mammography to its patients. Digital Mammography has been proven to find more cancers in women with dense breast tissue. We also offer three 1.5 Tesla MRI scanners and one open MRI. In addition Boulder Community offers a state of the art 64 slice CT scanner.
Other specialized equipment and imaging services include Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scanners, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) breast biopsy, an interventional suite, stereotactic breast biopsy, nuclear medicine and ultrasound.
Boulder Community Hospital employs a full time medical physicist who regulates and monitors all radiation doses to ensure that every patient receives the least amount of radiation required during exams and procedures. We participate in accreditation programs through the American College of Radiology. These programs require that Boulder Community Hospital meets nationally recognized standards for personnel, radiation dose, and image quality.
The Imaging Department provides services at:
- Boulder Community Hospital, North Broadway and Balsam, Boulder.
- Boulder Community Foothills Hospital, 48th and Arapahoe, Boulder.
- Community Medical Center, 1000 W. South Boulder Road, Lafayette.
- Boulder Medical Center, 2750 Broadway, Boulder.
- Buffalo Ridge Medical Center, 16677 Lowell Blvd., Broomfield.
- Medical Imaging Center, 36 Garden Center, Broomfield.
- To schedule an appointment at Boulder Community Hospital, Boulder Community Foothills Hospital, or the Community Medical Center please call 303-440-2170 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- To schedule an appointment at the Boulder Medical Center please call 303-440-3029 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- To schedule an appointment at Medical Imaging Center, please call 303-466-1234 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Patient Resource for Radiology Information
RadiologyInfo is an excellent source for information about the many radiologic procedures available. It tells you how various x-ray, CT, MRI, ultrasound and other procedures are performed and addresses what you may experience and how to prepare for the exams. Please Note: The information included in this link is for educational purposes only and should not direct a course of treatment.
Should you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the BCH Imaging Department at (303) 440-2170.
Return to Top