Mission, Vision, Values
Gifts to the Boulder Community Health Foundation have been used to improve and enhance medical care to
thousands of hospital patients since the Foundation’s inception in 1978.
The Foundation exists to enhance the quality and availability of health care services in Boulder County by
generating and administering charitable gifts to our not-for-profit, community-owned hospital and health system.
We aspire to be a significant contributor to assist BCH to maintain its role as a premier provider of health care in the Boulder Valley. Through public education and information exchange we encourage philanthropic giving that is used to enhance patient and family care. We help enable our locally-owned and governed not-for-profit hospital system to innovate and stay in the forefront of medical advancements and technology and provide full access to emergency care to all Boulder County citizens.
Through fundraising coupled with diligent management of the Foundation’s endowment, we award meaningful grants to the health system for enhanced health care. Through community involvement, Boulder Community Health will continue to be the area's most caring, inviting and well-equipped health care facility.
- We believe a not-for-profit, community-owned and governed health system is a valuable resource and
we pledge to further strengthen Boulder Community Health’s important purpose in the community.
- As Foundation trustees and in alliance with our partner, the Boulder Community Health Ambassadors,
we envision our role as ambassadors and we pledge to inform and educate our fellow citizens about
the merits of this strong and innovative community-owned health system.
- We value access to the community health system for all in need, regardless of the ability to pay.
- We pledge to be effective stewards of Foundation funds and will carefully manage the investment portfolio.
- We seek to annually grant an appropirate amount of the Foundation’s net worth to meaningful programs that enhance quality health care initiatives provided by Boulder Community Health.
- We value the timely and accurate dissemination of information to the community on health care trends, challenges and opportunities.
- We will keep the community advised, both formally and informally, about opportunities for giving in order to meet the health system's goals, needs and challenges.
- We pledge to set an example in the community by our own giving and our presence and support at fundraising events.
- We value all gifts, regardless of size, and we recognize each gift in a timely and appropriate manner.
- We value each donor’s wishes and needs and enjoy individualizing donor agreements to accomplish personal wishes.
- We value our employees and volunteers by:
- Encouraging educational interaction with the board.
- Encouraging grant requests and giving them fair
- Sharing positive donor feedback.
- Encouraging and recognizing employee giving.
The BCH Foundation is under the leadership of a 19-member volunteer Board of Trustees.
Trustees are all members of the local community who donate their time in service of the health system. Members
serve a three-year term and may be reappointed for a second term.
Ties with BCH Ambassadors
The Foundation works closely with and strongly supports the efforts the BCH Ambassadors (formerly Auxiliary), and the
president of the ambassadors serves as a member of the Foundation Board of Trustees. The Ambassadors sponsor various fundraising events throughout the year and dedicates the proceeds to important health care initiatives.
These have included giving monies for the Mante, Mexico Medical Mission, Breast Cancer treatment,
the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a Gamma Camera, heart catheterization labs, as well as significant financial support to the Cancer Center and the primary stroke center.
Return to Top